Raised Floors - Structure
A. Surface finish
1. porcelain stoneware slabs: form the upper layer of the walking surface and are the main components of the system. they are the part directly visible, bearing the stresses. For this reason, when choosing the finish, it is necessary to consider not only its aesthetic value but also the characteristics of the environment concerned and its intended use. Porcelain stoneware combines aesthetic values with excellent physical and mechanical properties.
2. slab edging: it creates a uniform joint between the various panels and between the slabs assembled on each panel, gives better adherence and contact between panels and reduces the stresses between the various slabs absorbing any thermal expansion.
3. support: is the structural component of the walking surface and bears the loads trnsmitted by the porcelain stoneware slabs distributing it to the underlaying structure. It can be made of materials having different mechanical resistance values and fire behaviours to be determined depending on the project requirements.
4. edging: designed in such a way as to facilitate assembly of the panels during installation and it has the function of protecting the sides of the panels as well as that of determining one of the points of contact and of transmission of the horizontal stresses between the panels.
5. bottom finishing: it must protect the panel from moisture and, when required, improve its mechanical performance.
Gaskets: they ensure stability of the coupling between the structure and the panel, increasing the continuity of support.
Cross-section stringer: it provides the horizontal connection between the columns in order to obtain the required modularity, improving the stability and the distribution of loads on the structure.
Column: it supports the panels and trasmits the loads to the concrete slab. While determining the correct height of the raised floor, micrometric adjustment achieves absolute flatness of the supporting surface.
Welcome to Granitech
Granitech deals with design and installation of ventilated walls and raised floors. Using state-of-the art technologies Granitech develops top quality solutions for important projects in contemporary architecture.
Ventilated walls are multi-layer construction solutions for "dry" cladding of outside walls, improving their aesthetic qualities, degree of protection and insulation.
A raised floor is a flooring systems designed to meet the different needs of working areas with high concentration of plant engineering systems.
Definitions of terms and phrases commonly used in ventilated and raised applications.